Saturday, August 19, 2017

Stacking it up & Sunday Post (4)



 Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers discuss the books that they have borrowed from the library or bought to add to their shelves. I personally think it's a fabulous idea, so shoutout to them!

I am currently reading the following books! In a Dark, Dark Wood is my first Ruth Ware novel, so let's see how it goes! I got Reported Missing from NetGalley and I just borrowed One of Us is Lying from my local library. Hope to get these three read by next week, and read a few more before school begins! Wishful thinking? I hope not!





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer in which bloggers are able to share news and happenings in their lives on their blog. This idea is fantastic and I look forward to participating in this in the future as well.

It's been quite a relaxing week for me! I've had time to read some amazing books, spend time with my family and friends, and also just relax before university starts back up! I finished watching Friends today, and the ending was SO sad! I seriously teared up, what a fabulous show! I'll most likely re-watch it, as I do with many other TV shows! 

I also found out that I have been accepted for another volunteer position at my university, meaning I have two solid positions at my university next year! Training will begin in the next few days, and I am ready to gain some valuable skills, meet new people and contribute to my university community. I also got the job that I applied for a week or so ago, so I'm ecstatic! These next few weeks are going to be incredibly busy with training, but it's all worthwhile!

Later in the week, I went to an Italian restaurant with my best friend! We ordered a thin-crust pizza, vegetable pasta and fries! We got some complimentary garlic bread too. Very delicious and quite affordable! I had a great time catching up with my friend and enjoying some great food! 

I also went out for dessert with my family the other day, check out the pictures from our little night out! This place has some seriously good food!

I went to a wedding a few days ago, and although I don't enjoy these type of functions much, I've got to say that the food is the best part! I guess I had a good time with my family there, if anything!

Other than that, I have been busy reading as much as I can before I'm back to uni, as I won't have as much time to read then as I do now! How has your week been? Any exciting news?

                                                                                         ⎯⎯⎯
                                                        Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Google+ | Goodreads | Twitter 

55 comments:

  1. Mmmm, food... *distracted* But the books look interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great, relaxing week. I hope you enjoy those three books. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you have a fabulous week too! :)

      - El

      Delete
  3. I love the look of those desserts....and congrats on the new jobs!

    I loved In a Dark, Dark Wood...and I'm curious about Reported Missing and One of Us Is Lying.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^.^
      I'm so excited to read these books!
      I will gladly check out your post too!

      - El

      Delete
  4. Yay for a relaxing week!!! That food looks amazing, and I still need to watch Friends. It's long overdue, lol ;)

    Hope you enjoy One of Us is Lying!! I've just finished it and really enjoyed it. It's so exciting.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends is a must!! :)
      It's so good to hear that you enjoyed One of Us is Lying!
      You have a great weekend too!

      - El

      Delete
  5. Awesome haul of books. I hope you love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably a trivial thing but I love how all the three covers of the books you're reading coordinate. Doesn't take much to make me happy today huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you guys just went out for desert - straight to the best part of any meal. I loved in a dark, dark wood so fingers crossed you do to.

    My post is Here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lots of nice books you got, especially One of Us is Lying! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I will most definitely check out your post!

      - El

      Delete
  9. Ooo, thrillers in your haul. In a Dark, Dark Wood is pretty good. I want to read One of Us is Lying soon. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always reading thrillers! :)
      Hope you read One of Us is Lying soon!

      - El

      Delete
  10. Ooh nice new reads! They look familiar but I haven't read any of them! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      I'll definitely be checking out your post tomorrow

      - El

      Delete
  11. I thought One Of Us Was Lying was pretty good. Congrats on the volunteer positions! Glad it was a good week. :)

    Yay for thin crust pizza and good Italian food too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm ... dessert ... I mean - it sounds like you had a great week. I hope this week is just as amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, LOVE dessert! Thanks so much, and I hope your week is amazing too! ^.^

      - El

      Delete
  13. I have seen one of us is lying around a lot I hope you enjoy it. Good luck with all your positions at uni and your new job. Hope you have a great week. PS the desserts looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One Of Us Is Lying sounds interesting, I've seen it around a lot :) glad you had a great week! Here in Lithuania (Europe) thin bottom pizzas is all we have! Italian pizza tradition. It's actually quite hard to get an American pizza type :D I've never had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I have yet to try traditional Italian pizza! I will have to try it soon. :)
      Thank you for stopping by.

      - El

      Delete
  15. Yay for relaxing weeks! I've got One of Us is Lying is on my read asap list. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much for stopping by! :)
      I gave your Bloglovin' a follow back ^.^

      - El

      Delete
  16. Congrats on the volunteer positions and job offer! I read In a Dark Dark Wood-- so creepy and good! I've wanted to pick up One of Us is Lying for awhile now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy reading to you as well! :)

      - El

      Delete
  17. Those desserts look amazing!!! Drool!!! Congrats on the job and the volunteer positions! I hope you can still fit plenty of reading in! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      - El

      Delete
  18. Oh those desserts....yummy!! Congrats on the job. Thats wonderful. Enjoy your time before you go back to university!
    Samantha @The Book Disciple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must enjoy my time, right?! Thank you for stopping by. :)

      - El

      Delete
  19. Your new books look amazing! But those deserts are to die for. Yum! Have a wonderful week.

    Happy readin',
    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! :)
      Happy reading to you as well ^.^

      - El

      Delete
  20. Enjoy your time reading the want-to-reads before you return to the have-tos.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/08/back-to-school-open-for-business-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved Friends and watched it back when it originally aired way back when there weren't DVRs and you had to use VHS to tape a show if you were away! LOL I love Ware's books and hope you enjoy In A Dark, Dark Wood. It sounds like you had an awesome week. I wish you more of the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Ware book, and it's going quite well so far :)
      I hope you have a fabulous week as well ^.^

      - El

      Delete
  22. I saw one of my students reading One of Us is Lying and the story seems interesting. Hope you'll enjoy reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read in A Dark, Dark Wood a while ago and it's pretty good! I really want to read One of us is Lying! Happy reading!

    Crystal Book Snob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read them :)
      Thank you for stopping by!

      - El

      Delete
  24. Congratulations on the volunteer positions! And sounds like you enjoyed your relaxing week. I see you have some thrilling new reads too. Enjoy!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :)
      Hope you have a fabulous week!

      - El

      Delete
  25. I love rewatching tv show...and also I watch too much tv XD
    Crepes? look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never watch too much TV hahaha!
      Thank you ^.^

      - El

      Delete
  26. Damnnn I'm so behind on your posts! 😬 Jheezzz that looks amazing! I'm hungry now. 🙄😅

    Can't wait to see more of your amazing post on your new website!!!!

    All the best! 💚

    ReplyDelete